The Big Five Challenge
Ski the top five unpisted trails in Verbier, the free-ride capital of Europe
You may know Verbier well and have stayed here over many years. You are certainly at an advanced level or expert on the snow.
And now we offer you the “Big 5 Challenge”, a special day out with an ES instructor who will guide you to the best unpisted runs, with the best snow. And if you complete the challenge, we will give you a “Big 5 Challenge” gift at the end.
Here’s your day
- Start with the itinerary that is the best kept secret in the 4 Valleys, through the trees in the morning on Les Otanes, on the Bruson side. If snow conditions permit, you can go all the way down to Le Chable.
- From here, take the lifts back up on the Verbier side, past Lac de Vaux to the top of Tortin.
This run is legendary for its steepness, length, and bumps! You can dive straight down or, depending on conditions, take the trail off to the side, to tackle the soft moguls that can get as big as cars, with famously good snowholding on the north facing slope.
- Three lifts take you back up again to the top of Mt Gele (“Frozen Mountain”), where all of the ways down are steep and unpisted. Depending on conditions there are different options; all of them are steep, empty and wild.
- Take the swooping run in to your next itinerary, Gentianes. Play in the natural half pipes and fabulous snow, heading down towards Siviez and the other valleys past Verbier.
- Two more lifts take you back up and then you will finish by heading down the narrow track, often with over a meter of snow piled on either side, that takes you into Vallon D’Arbi. This long, steep, wooded itinerary takes you into terrain many Verbier regulars have never seen, finishing in La Tsoumaz. Take lift back out, then be last off the mountain on the long run back to Verbier.
Depending on mountain conditions, including avalanche risk and run closures, some runs may be replaced with others on the day. For example, Vallon D’Arbi may be replaced with Col des Mines, a beautiful itinerary with spectacular views that takes you back into Verbier in the afternoon sun.
Worth it for a small gift? Of course not, but this experience will stay with you for a lifetime.
The Big Five Challenge
Ski the top 5 unpisted trails (“itineraries”) in Verbier, the freeride capital of Europe:
- The steepest
- The longest
- The biggest moguls
- The best tree skiing
- The most beautiful itinerary runs
- The best snow
Share the experience
The “Big 5 challenge” is 595chf for the day. The price does not change if your friends and family join in, so you can invite others to share the experience with you. We guarantee there will be plenty to talk about for the rest of your holiday!
How can we help? Please get in touch
For over 20 years we have been providing friendly, professional ski lessons and snowboard lessons for people of all abilities. Our team – and in particular our instructors – receive consistently glowing feedback. If you aren’t sure what you need or even whether you want lessons, please give us a call and we will be happy to discuss what could suit you best.
Call, chat or email
We are here to answer your questions and take bookings by email, chat, or phone, from 8am to 7pm every day, and until 9pm on Sundays.
Prices and terms
Our terms and conditions apply to all bookings.
We pride ourselves on outstanding personal service, from your initial enquiry through to tailoring lessons to your requirements, so recommend that you email, chat or phone us. However if you prefer you may book online: