Ben Davies tries to spend as much time on the snow as possible and ski as much of the mountain as possible. He loves to keep active and has been a keen sportsman his whole life. How will you spot him on the mountain? Throwing snowballs at fellow instructors and just having a ball on skis.
Personal motto: If you aren’t falling, you aren’t learning.
Q. Why did you choose to become a ski instructor?
- I chose to teach in Snowsports because it combines my passions of keeping fit and active, being outside and sports coaching. The mountain scenery is spectacular too.
Q. Where is your favourite part of Zermatt to ski?
- Schwarzsee Trees on a powder day, right beneath the Matterhorn is simply awesome.
Q. What do you do in the summer?
- When in England, I spent my days as a Personal Trainer and a workplace health specialist. The past summer I also spent 3 months’ ski instructing in Australia.
Q. What is your favourite restaurant in Zermatt?
- Blue Lounge above Sunnegga. The bar food, views and fire pits on the balcony makes for a pretty relaxed time.
Q. Why did you pick Zermatt?
- I visited Zermatt for one day in 2015. Skies over from the Italian side, saw the Matterhorn and skied across the resort. Decided after that one day I had to work there. Just spectacular.
Q. What handy tip do you have for anyone visiting Zermatt?
- For some great food and drinks in a chilled out, friendly environment. Head to Grizzlies, next to the train station, for a warm welcome and all the big sport fixtures. A favourite of the ski instructors.