Alice started to ski when she was 4 on a dry ski slope in Scotland and a few years later in Garmisch, Germany, where she found her real love of snow and the mountains.
She has worked in Switzerland and Austria for the past 6 winters and can’t wait for the next one.
During summer, you’ll find her at home in Devon, sailing around the South West of England.
With endless patience and giggles, Alice is always smiley and loves to meet new people and teach everyone and anyone, from the little humans to those who are a bit apprehensive.
- Why did you choose to teach snowsports?
- Being in ski school I wanted to be best friends with our ski instructors; their love and enthusiasm of skiing rubbed off on me and after leaving school, I decided that I wanted to be that person to others learning and improving, with amazing mountain scenery as an office!
- What do you do in the summer?
- During my Summers in Devon and Cornwall, I spend my time at sea, sailing (playing!) on traditional wooden boats that are used for sail training, taking groups on sailing adventures along the coast, spotting Dolphins and enjoying beach games and BBQ’s!
- Why did you choose Zermatt?
- My first experience of Zermatt was in 2011 to do my first ever ski instructor exam.
I hadn’t experienced a beautiful Alpine town like it before and the views of the mountains were just unreal. From then, I knew I had to spend more time here one day.