Alastair Bruton has been skiing since he was 10 and qualified as a ski instructor when he was 18.
Apart from a break to set up a successful London based tour company, he has taught around Europe and Japan.
He says “my love of skiing started on my first time on skis. It was on a dry ski slope in a very rainy Gloucestershire many years ago. Since then the passion has only increased. Taking me to some incredible places around the world, meeting some fantastic people and embracing different cultures. It has to be the best job out there.”
- Why did you choose to teach skiing?
- Because it is one of the best sports in the world and helping people to realize that fact makes me enjoy it even more.
- What do you do in the summer?
- Over the summer months I got married and we took our honeymoon in the incredible Patagonia.
- What is your favourite restaurant in Zermatt?
- Findlerhof. The whole menu is amazing and the views are breath-taking.